AfricaCWIC 2022 Hackathon
Building Revolutionary Digital Mindsets
Join us in our hackathon to work intensively for a short period to solve a problem. Work with others to improve your skills and widen your network. Hackathon Projects will be selected based on merit, for displaying remarkable contribution in developing solutions to open challenges in the following categories:
If you would like to join our hackathon you must meet the following criteria.
- Register your interest to join the hackathon by entering your details in the Google Form:
- If selected as a hackathon participant then you should register to attend the event through this link.
- Students living in the continent of Africa
- Students of all genders in higher education institutes
- A team of 4 students with at least 50% female membership
- Students currently registered on a program of studies in a higher educational institute
- Show integrity and comradery
Integrity is important at all times. We require that all team members have not engaged in illegal activities. We value communication and collaboration in teams. Every voice must be heard.
A filtering process will be carried out for the selection of teams for participation in this event. To be considered you must pre-register your interest to participate using the form link below. After the screening process, Notification of selection will be made on the 13th April 2022. Registration of all team members through CVENT is required to participate in this hackathon.
|14 April 2022||Registration Deadline for Interest to Participate|
|5 April 2022||Screening of Submissions Begins (process of continuous reviews)|
|28 April 2022||Notification of Selection for Final Presentation|
|11-12 May 2022||AfricaCWIC Hackathon|
To join our hackathon you must first register your interest to participate using the Google Form. If selected then register for AfricaCWIC through our registration page. You can submit details of your project when you register to help with the screening process. Details on how to submit your project ideas will follow shortly.
- How Creative is your solution?
- Is it fascinating and intriguing to others?
- Is the solution new to the market?
- What makes it stand out from other existing solutions?
- What are the unique selling points?
- Technical Merit
- What technology was used within your solution?
- How was the technology applied?
- Did you use best practice or standards in using the technology?
- What impact does the solution have in it’s category?
- How does this impact society?
Winners will be announced in each category during AfricaCWIC 2022.