Meet AfricaCWIC 2022 ACM SIG Supporters
We would like to thank all of our supporters who have made this event possible. The ACM SIGS have provided free tickets for students in Africa and prizes for our competitions.
ACM’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs) represent major areas of computing, addressing the interests of technical communities that drive innovation. SIGs offer a wealth of conferences, publications and activities focused on specific computing sub-disciplines. They enable members to share expertise, discovery and best practices. ACM SIGs that have supported this event and other initiatives in Africa include ACM-W, SIGSIM, SIGSOFT and SIGCOMM. Learn more about these SIGs below.
The ACM Special Interest Group on Simulation and Modeling seeks the advancement of the state-of-the-art in simulation and modeling. Member benefits provided to SIGSIM members include:
The ACM Special Interest Group on Software Engineering provides a forum for computing professionals from industry, government and academia to examine principles, practices, and new research results in software engineering. Member benefits provided to SIGSOFT members include:
- Subscription to the quarterly newsletter, Software Engineering Notes
- Reduced registration fees for many conferences including ICSE, EESC/FSE, PASTE, and ISSTA
- SIGSOFT members are granted full on-line access to the SIGSOFT portion of the ACM Digital Library, including articles from all SIGSOFT sponsored and co-sponsored conferences
SIGCOMM is ACM’s professional forum for discussing communications and computer networks. Our members are particularly interested in the systems engineering and architectural questions surrounding computer communication. Member benefits provided to SIGCOMM members include:
- Monthly e-mail digest with mini-editorials, announcements, and lists of SIGCOMM-related conferences
- Reduced registration fees for many conferences including the SIGCOMM Conference
- Access to all SIGCOMM sponsored/co-sponsored conference proceedings in the Digital Library
Did you know that the ACM provides many awards? Each of the SIGs above provide awards which we strongly encourage you to apply for. There are many types of awards including:
- Rising Star awards
- Doctoral dissertation awards
- Best paper award at some conferences
- Travel grants to conferences
- Awards for lifetime contribution
In addition to these awards there is an opportunity to become a Fellow, Senior Member or Distinguished Member of the ACM. Advanced Member Grades are a great way to show your skills.